You will learn the actions/commands while under sail from the time a member of the crew
falls overboard without warning until the crew is safely recovered. Consider the crew
overboard wearing a PFD and able to assist him/herself. Include the following minimum actions:
- Sound alarm “Crew Overboard”
- Deploy marker and buoyant object(s)
- Appoint and maintain a lookout
- Triangle method of return under sail
You will learn methods of getting a person out of the water and back aboard.
Also you will learn the effects, treatment and prevention of hypothermia including:
- The major areas of heat loss to the body,
- Treatment for mild and severe hypothermia
- Correct actions to be taken by a victim in cold water to increase survival time
The clinic comprises approximately 4 hours (10am – 2pm) , of which 1 hour is in a classroom setting,
with the balance "on the water".
Course fee $100.00 (printouts included)